Highlights of Tasmania Ag Study Tour
The MacKillop Farm Management Group study tours have become a tradition - building friendships, knowledge and learning from agricultural systems in different regions.
Join us for the Highlights of Tasmania Ag Study Tour - 5 to 9 September 2022, focused on finding out what's driving the growth and optimism in agriculture in Tasmania.
Itinerary summary- 5 to 9 September
- Monday 5 September late afternoon fly Mount Gambier to Launceston
- Tuesday 6 September to Thursday 8 September visit leading Tasmanian mixed farms around Launceston, Cressy, Hagley, Evandale, Conara
- high yielding and high value irrigation and dryland cropping (seed carrots, peas and poppies)
- growers involved in the Hyper Yielding Crop initiative research centre of excellence including National and Tasmanian winners of the Hyper Yielding Crop award
- an extensive farm that includes a 850 cow dairy, prime lamb production and irrigated cropping
- Eastfield Sheep Feedlot
- a property with intensive rotational grazing of 4,000 head of commercial and stud Angus cattle
- Thursday 8 September (evening) fly Launceston to Melbourne (overnight in Melbourne)
- Friday 9 September morning flight Melbourne to Mount Gambier
- Return flights Mount Gambier to Launceston
- 4 nights accommodation
- James Boag's Brewery Tour
- Dinner 2 nights and lunch 3 days
- $2070 (plus GST, per person twin share)
For action by 18 July
If you would like to join the Tour we will require a deposit of $500 paid by Monday 18 July and then full payment by Friday 22 July.
A minimum of 10 participants are required to proceed with the tour.
Download More Information
Join us for a masterclass with Melissa Browne, with her important Psychology of Pricing Workshop ...